Pages

Thursday 4 October 2012

Let's pretend to be cultured

I would love to be able to say, absolutely 100% truthfully that I am cultured. Sadly, this is not the case. It's such an amazing thing to be and you find people so interesting when they know about literature and art and music. I hate it when people pretend they're sophisticated and mature. It's like, calm down, we're only sixteen. Oh and also, you don't know how to play chess so... Sorry, this has turned into a mini rant.


Anyway, this is a kind of everything post. I'm just putting it lots of stuff that I feel I should have written about before. We got shown this video in an assembly and I just thought it was a great piece of music and loved the interpretation here; watch it watch it watch it!

The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain - The Good, the Bad and the Uglyhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLgJ7pk0X-s


And today in English lit, we came across a great quote from the book we're studying - The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy.

"... when life was full of beginnings and no ends and everything was forever."

Sorry to be all poetic and deep and pretentious but it really got me thinking. It basically sums up how I feel about childhood. When I was really little, it felt like it was twenty years until it would be my sixth birthday and almost like I was stuck in that cycle forever. And now, I feel the same but time's going a little bit faster, although it feels like forty years that I've been in school and university seems so far away but it's really not. Like, in two years I'll be at uni. That scares me because two years ago, I was starting year ten and my GCSEs and I remember it so clearly. I'm feeling all deep like this because I just walked home from open evening at school with this guy Adam and we always end up talking about the future and really thinking about everything in depth. And you know when you're walking and talking in the pitch blackness, it makes you braver? Like you can say anything because it's dark so you're hidden. Well I feel like that, at any rate. So we talked about what we're scared of in the future and stuff. The gist of it basically is we don't want to grow up. Ever. I'm still a little five year old at heart who thinks everything will be fine forever when I'm all snuggled up on the sofa with my daddy and mummy and brother.


Anyway! Open evening was fun. I played "geo-twister" with my friend Matt and tried to get all the little new kids to join in which none of them did. And then I walked home. There's no school tomorrow though, we have an inset day, yay! Good time to catch up on my work.


More stuff you need links to:

Somebody That I Used to Know - Sam Tsui (cover)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS73nYl0o6s
Amazing amazing amazing a cappella version.

Maroon 5 Medley - Victoria Justice + Max Schneider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5eoHHrTKvs
I love this so much, also Max is hot...

Give Your Heart a Break - Demi Lovato
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zfzka5VwRc
"So close, yet so far..."



May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment