Pages

Saturday 5 October 2013

Ugh

Do you ever just look at someone or something like...?

www.tumblr.com

I know I do. It's just when I get frustrated or feel fed up with a situation. I've been doing a lot of eye rolling lately and it's something I should stop. Because I sometimes imagine what a person would think if they had seen me do it. It would make me come off as a horrible person, and that's obviously not how I want to present myself. I've been feeling pretty exasperated with a lot of things lately and I wish I could fast forward to Christmas. My personal statement would be submitted, I'd have handed in my term's-worth of essays, I'd have had the courage to end things with a guy I'm seeing, and I'd be a whole lot happier than I am now. Not that I'm unhappy. I'm just pootling along, not in the best place I've ever been, but not entirely miserable either. It's a kind of middle ground I suppose.


It's only really coming to me now that I've been in a crappy mood for the past couple of weeks. Just writing this is clearing my head a bit, which is always good, and I know I have things to look forward to. Strictly Come Dancing is on tonight, I'm having fish and chips later, and I'll enjoy work tomorrow. Yes, I lost my favourite hoody today, and yes, I've had a headache and tummy ache, but some people have it a lot worse than I do right now. So all I have to do is keep thinking about nice things which are going to happen. The future is my safe place right now, because there's no point wallowing in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment