Pages

Friday 25 October 2013

The Bone Season

I've really been getting into dystopian literature lately: lots of Margaret Atwood, and yes, the Hunger Games. But I decided to branch out and try something new. A few months ago I read an article about a 22 year old woman who'd written a book. Before it was even published, she'd been paid a six figure sum to write six more books for the series, and the film rights were soon bought. I thought, oh this must be something pretty good then. I kind of forgot about her but remembered her name - Samantha Shannon.


A few weeks ago, I was in a meeting with our school's "higher education officer" and we got talking about books and what kind of thing I like to read. She said "oh Kate, there's a book out called The Bone Season", so I was like "oh right, the one by Samantha Shannon?" and she said yep, and that she thought I'd really like it. I've just read that paragraph back and it sounds like I'm a kind of problem-student who needs special meetings. I'm not. It was just an appointment regarding UCAS that everyone at our school has.


I finally got round to ordering the book two days ago and it arrived this morning. Pretty fast delivery, I'm impressed. I didn't realise it would be so big though! I'm really excited to start reading it and if I love love love it, I might do a review.





I think I probably look a bit too happy here, but you get the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment