Pages

Tuesday 1 October 2013

Not intentionally.

Hello there, October. Is it me, or has 2013 whizzed by ridiculously quickly? It's going to be Christmas in eighty five days and I'm so so excited for it. I realised I haven't had a normal getting-chatty-about-my-life post in ages (or what feels like ages) so I wanted to sit down and write one today.


School is going okay. I'm really starting to look forward to university too. In one year I'll be there. How mad is that?! But first, we have to deal with UCAS applications and personal statements. Oh my god, how stressful. I haven't cried over it yet which is a good sign but I've come close, believe me. There are a few other things which are getting me a bit down recently but I'm hoping they'll kind of sort themselves out soon, fingers crossed!


Some things that have been running through my mind lately:


1. I've really been getting into Strictly Come Dancing (just as every other year, no surprises there!).
2. The Great British Bake Off is on in about four hours so I'm looking forward to that.
3. I feel like I should get into HAIM since everyone else is, hence the song of the day. (I know it's not actually their version I've linked but it's a start).
4. I really enjoy my job. Well, not the actual work so much, but I love the people there. I'm kind of looking forward to going again at the weekend.
5. I'm visiting Anglia Ruskin University in Cambridge on Saturday. I hope I love it because the course looks amazing and Cambridge is probably my favourite UK city.
6. I'm not sure what qualifies as 'leading someone on'.
7. I'm currently reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. I think it's one of my favourite books. It's a tale of suicide and friendships and relationships and has really made me look more closely at my own relationships with people I know.
8. I want to be have children. Not right now, not when I'm seventeen. But some people want to be doctors, or policemen, or lawyers. I want to be a mum.
9. My best friend and I are going to have a 'Yolo day' and go somewhere we've never been to explore it.
10. The next year is going to go so fast, and as much as that terrifies me, I'm so ready.


Song of the day:

The Wire - HAIM (Orla Gartland cover)

2 comments:

  1. That exploring sounds like so much fun! :D I can't wait for Uni either, it'll be amazing! :) you'll have to tell me about number 6! :P xxxx

    ReplyDelete