Pages

Monday 21 October 2013

The Sunshine Award

I've been nominated for the Sunshine Award by the fabulous Anna! Be sure to check out her blog; I love reading what she puts on there. So, thank you Anna, I really appreciate you having nominated me and I'm looking forward to answering your questions!



"The whole idea of the Sunshine Award is that you nominate eleven bloggers who put a little sunshine in your day, who are positive, creative, and inspiring."


The Rules:


- You have to post a picture of the Sunshine award in the blog post. 

- Post 11 random facts about yourself.

- Answer the 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.

- Nominate 11 wonderful bloggers.

- Write 11 questions for them to answer.

- Let the bloggers you nominated know you have nominated them.


11 Random Facts about me:

- I should be at a birthday party now. I am instead at home eating pasta and singing with my brother.

- The song Little Talks by Of Monsters and Men fills me with hope and gives me a warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy.

- I love Australian accents.

- It is my secret (or not so secret now...) ambition to be on the Made In Chelsea cast.

- My best friend keeps me sane.

- I remember dates. It's my.. like, thing. You give me a date and I can probably tell you what I was doing on that day, or tell me your birthday and I won't forget.

- I want to have lots and lots of children.

- Christmas films make me really happy.

- I have a Pandora birthstone ring, but when I was looking at the colours for different months, I didn't like the one for April, which is when I was born. It was just grey.. a bit boring, really. The one for December though was a lovely green colour and December is my favourite month so I went for it. 

- I want to be one of those people in their mid-twenties who has a really kooky group of friends and who go to cool museums and little book shops together and cook little meals for each other.

- It's my dream to have a flat in Gordon Square in London.


Anna's questions for me:

- What is your favourite time of the day?

I really like from about 6pm onwards. It's when I usually have dinner (highlight of my day) and when all the good programmes on TV start. It's when I have my "down time" and relax a bit. If I'm at work, 6pm is when I'm almost at the end of my shift which is obviously good.

- If you could go anywhere on earth, where would you choose?

I'd go to New York City because it looks amazing. New York for New Year's Eve. How incredible would that be? New York proposal at the top of the Empire State Building? Yes please. New York's shops and eateries? Perfect. New York New York New York.

- Favourite thing from your wardrobe?

A zip-up hoody/jacket thing I've had for three and a half years. In fact, I wore it today. It's navy and incredibly faded now and looks good with anything. The sleeves have little holes in them from all the times I've worn it.

- What are you addicted to?

Coffee in the morning.

- What is your dream vacation?

New York, New York. Did I already mention that? New Yoooooork.

- What makes you proud of yourself?

That I'm still in school and working hard, and have okay grades. That I'm earning my own money and becoming more and more independent. That I'm happy and trying hard to be nice to everyone. That I'm not screwed up like so many around me.

- You will never...?

I will never not love reading and get enjoyment from having a new book.

- If your house was on fire, what's the first thing you would grab and save?

Let's say my family had already been saved, then I'd probably pick my laptop. That's practical, isn't it? Or should I go for something more sentimental? Agh, I'll never know the answer to this question, I'm so indecisive.

- What's the bravest thing you've ever done?

I'm not a very brave person, truth be told. In fact, I'm kind of cowardly. Is donating blood brave? If so, then that.

- One thing you are grateful for?

That I live in a first world country in a financially stable family and that we're all happy and healthy. I am so so so thankful for that.


My nominees:

Jessica

Barbs

Jess

Ellen


I know I'm meant to nominate eleven people but I feel that if I nominate a really popular blogger with a huge blog, they won't see the comment and won't do the post. I also did The Versatile Blogger Award a couple of weeks ago and nominated a few people then, and as this award is fairly similar, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to nominate them for this one again? Also, it's pretty hard to narrow down every blog I love reading to merely eleven people. Maybe I'm making a bad call on this one, but I think I'm going to stick with four nominees. 


However, if you want to do this tag, then I nominate you. Feel free to do it and send me the link afterwards. Good luck, and have fun! xo


My questions for you:

- Best day of your life?

- Favourite flower?

- Are your toenails currently painted?

- A quote to live by?

- Biggest problem in your life right now?

- What does your most recent text message say?

- 13th line on the 123rd page of your favourite book?

- Do you read a newspaper?

- What song is in your head right now?

- What will you be doing in 19 hours' time?

- Favourite website?


Enjoy! And thank you again Anna, I've really enjoyed doing this.

4 comments:

  1. I feel special for getting a double nomination! ;D I shall do this when I'm back on my laptop!! Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your answers! and donating blood IS brave :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thank you so much for the nomination! i wasn't expecting that at all!! ^_^ that's a nice bday surprise indeed!

    and i'd definitely say donating blood is brave, just as much as getting good grades and working and being nice and the whole 'growing up' thing ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the nomination! I have recently done the Liebster award so I might wait a couple of weeks til I do my one. So lovely of you though! :)
    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete