Pages

Wednesday 14 November 2012

It's like rain on your wedding day

I knew it wasn't going to be my day the moment we all woke up late and had a mad rush. I had no clothes to wear. I'd almost lost my voice. I had a football match looming after school. Not ideal. Of course, this would be the perfect day for an incredibly embarrassing event to take please. Naturally (because this is my life).


The scene is the common room, break time. The bass is turned all the way up on the speakers. Everyone has their chairs arranged in little circles with their groups of friends in the room. I happen to have my chair in the very centre of the room because that's where my friends decided to put themselves. Some year thirteen guys think it would be a great idea to chuck around a huge full water bottle without a lid on. Nothing spills yet. They think it would be a good idea to try and throw this bottle of water on a girl they hate. Oh yeah, she's sitting behind me. Fate thinks it would be a good idea for this bottle and all the water it contains to land on me.


So I sat there, soaked from head to toe. I'm not even exaggerating - it was dripping from my hair and seeping through my jeans. It looked like I wet myself. Someone switched the music off, it was such a movie-moment! It's not a feeling I can describe when over two hundred people turn to stare at you in a shocked silence. No one actually spoke. So I did the only thing you can do in a situation where you're soaking wet with hundreds of spectators. I laughed. And my friend joined in hysterically which was a little embarrassing, to say the least.


People who'd I never spoken to, the "cool kids" from the year above, kept coming over to check I was okay (I was thinking, it's not like I'm bleeding to death or anything...) which was sweet and, to be fair, the guy came and apologised too - it was then he explained he's been aiming for "the fat chick behind you". So, lol. People were like "oh Kate, it could have happened to anyone, that's so unlucky!". I was thinking, well it wouldn't happen to anyone else, would it? Because these things always happen to me. Who gets the dodgy chair that breaks to the floor when you sit on it? Who steps in the dog poo at training? Who buys the only dress in the whole shop with a hole in it? Me, me, and me again! Everyone else just is very very lucky. dfjkahsgjkdhvndi.


Oh, but we won our football match 6-2, yay! That was national cup so we're down to the last eight teams in the entire country. So freaking proud! I've got a yummy dinner today too and haven't eaten in the longest time so I'll probably have ninth helpings, or something.


Song of the day:

Ironic - Alanis Morissette
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm-1xvWibt0

No comments:

Post a Comment