Pages

Friday 2 November 2012

We had a sad, beautiful, tragic love affair.. not

When facebook tells me "[insert name] messaged you" my heart skips a beat.

I get butterflies, 'the beautiful kind, making up for lost time' (to quote Taylor Swift).

Seeing him lights up the room and sets me up with a good mood for the rest of the day.

Being on the receiving end of one of his terse smiles or attempts at discreet nods (which appear to simply be neck spasms) feels like a prize, a treasure, a reward for my persistence.


And I feel like nothing could ever go wrong. 

My heart pounds with excitement and my cheeks flush a deep crimson, betraying my buried emotions.

When he leaves, I shall have my arms wrapped around his neck .

And he'll walk off, dragging me with him, John-Sergeant-on-Strictly-Come-Dancing-style, and everyone will flop to the floor and cry with envy in our wake.

The end.


I was talking to my friend about this guy and basically we started taking the piss out of the way he acts and treats people - namely me - so it got me typing furiously and I eventually came up with this "poem" about it all. This is just a transcript of our conversation. Haha. I hate poetry so this is a bit of a satirical post. Poems don't have to rhyme, ya'know. But yes, this guy is so hot and cold, so crazy in the way he flips and does complete 180s in how he acts around me. This is me channelling my emotions on the very... sensitive... subject. Not.


No comments:

Post a Comment