Pages

Saturday 10 November 2012

Hey ho, there she goes

Hello beautiful people! I'm so sorry that I haven't posted in a very long time. I've been away on a geography trip (which I'm sure I wrote before..) and have had no access to the wonderful site that is blogspot. But I am back now, yay! We went to this centre of which I posted a photo in a previous post. It looks nice on the outside but on the inside, to quote my friend Oliver, "it's a shit hole". Basically, the floors are sticky, there are dead bugs squashed on the walls and all the pipes leak in the main downstairs rooms. There are only eleven of us in the geography class - nine boys and two girls so I obvo shared a room with the only other girl. However, we had to share two showers and two toilets with the nine boys and, oh my God, it's so icky.


Their room stunk so much too but it was either to sit in there and have laughs with them each night or to sit in our own room, all lonely, so we chose the smelly option. We worked so much more than we do at school as well. The routine was to get up at 6.30am to race the boys to the showers, make packed lunches at 8am, breakfast at 8.30am, tuition at 9.30, fieldwork at 11am, come back for another lesson at 3.30pm, dinner at 6pm, and then another hour of lessons. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but that's nine and a half hours of work each day, waaah. We went to two villages to note down how old their houses were, we decided at how much risk certain areas were from flooding, and we measured a ton of stuff at four river locations. And then we wrote up aaaaall of our findings and made a billion graphs of it all.


Having said all this, I actually had a great time. We had so many lolz every day, I can't even remember them all. While we were measuring the river width and shiz, two boys in my class, Oli and Gena, fell down the river back and flat on their faces in the river. I have never ever laughed so much. Well, I probably have, but still. So funny. They accidentally swallowed some of the water and we got told the river water has a disease in it that they might catch.. not good. But I don't think they're too bothered actually. And you know when you have such a wonderful heart to heart with someone it just is so great? In our lunch break in one of the villages, my friend Matt and I found this cute little alcove with benches so we just talked for the longest time about everrrrything. It was so nice.


We also all went to the cinema on Thursday night to see Argo. It's so amazing. It might be one of my favourite films ever now. I can recommend it so highly. I'm crap at reviewing things but go and look it up; it's a thriller and I didn't think it would be my thing but it's everyone's thing, I'm telling. So great. So, all in all, it was a wonderful trip. Except for the place we stayed but I love my class sooo much. Aw, I'm getting all sentimental.


God, this is such a long post, sorry! Congrats if you're this far down. I went to a cah-ray-zee partay last night too. Such fun (Miranda reference)! I feel a little bit sick today but it was so great and being all tired is deffo worth it. Today, I went to a church jumble sale and bought a book for 30p, yayayay. My brother has all his friends over for his birthday right now and I want to shoot them all, they're so freaking loud and annoying. Thank God they're off to the cinema soon.


Song of the day:

Candy - Robbie Williams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtOV7bp-gys&feature=related

I don't know why the link isn't coming up properly, that's really annoying. This was played so much on the minibus radio to all the river locations, it's an amazing song!


The sunset in the garden looks so pretty right now!


No comments:

Post a Comment