Pages

Wednesday 28 May 2014

Elliot Rodger

Began writing post on 25th May


Wow, let's talk about this:



You must watch this. I am in total shock. Read this article to understand it all.


1) The guy looks like a god. He even refers to himself as "a god" in this video. It might be the gold sunlighting, or his beautiful features, but he looks flawless. As inappropriate as it may seem to say so, I'm finding it hard to believe he's never had any attention from girls.


2) I'm reeling at the fact that a lack of interest from the opposite sex could drive someone to do murder six people and then commit suicide. Twenty two is still so young. There was plenty of time to find a girlfriend, which he made clear was his intention.


This case just makes me feel sad. I'm so, so sad that it happened. I'm sad that Elliot Rodger felt so unhappy, I'm sad that he murdered six people, and I'm sad he killed himself. I'm finding it hard to put what I feel into words, hence why I started drafting this on Sunday morning and still haven't finished.


I'm not really sure I have that much to say, apart from the fact that it's such a shocker and such a tragedy. I wish this wasn't real life. It sounds so much like something which would go on in a film that I'm struggling to wrap my head around the fact that it actually happened. Six innocent people have lost their lives because one guy got angry about not having sex.


Read his 140 page manifesto here.


Rest in peace Cheng Yuan Hong, George Chen, Weihan Wang, Katherine Cooper, Veronica Weiss, and Christopher Michael-Martinez. 

No comments:

Post a Comment