Pages

Monday 5 May 2014

Come on, Brittany!

2014 Blogger Challenge - post 9


I work at McDonalds in the lobby, wiping down tables, sweeping floors, cleaning toilets, and chatting to our "regulars" who all seem to be over the age of eighty. There's always music playing in the dining area and, while I don't think it's a set playlist, the same songs do come up pretty frequently. Sometimes, one will grab me and I won't be able to get it out of my head. When this happens, I go home and google the lyrics so I can add it to my iTunes.


There was a song which I absolutely loved, yet the only lines I could remember were "I got so much to do, I ain't got much time" (story of my life) and "hold on". It wasn't much to go on and it took quite a lot of scouring google results pages and listening to shitty songs which weren't the one I was looking for until I found it.


"It" is the beauty of a song, Hold On, by Alabama Shakes. I was convinced that the singer was a man, but after watching the video, I saw that it was in fact an incredibly badass woman by the name of Brittany Howard.



I think she's bangin. There's not really another word for it. Read this interview with her. She's just so chill, but also so feisty and is definitely not afraid to say what she thinks. I think she has such a zest for life and she's all about empowering girls regardless of body image which is so great. She's such a role model, can you tell I'm crushing hard on her?

Source

Who'd have thought I'd discover one of the best women in the world through my job at McDonalds?

1 comment:

  1. at first i thought it was a guy too! but u're absolutely right, it's in fact a badass woman! i think it doesnt matter where you hear a song, all that matters is how it strikes you (if that makes sense)

    ReplyDelete