Pages

Thursday 25 July 2013

We're all going on a summer holiday

I'm free from school! I celebrated by going down to McDonald's with my best friends and ordering something from the new summer menu, a Mediterranean chicken meal. It's quite spicy - by my standards but that's not saying much! - and has the most delicious orange sauce on it. Basically, I just love anything from McDonald's so I don't have a bad word to say about it. We then went to someone's house and watched The Ugly Truth with some popcorn, and had a dance break in the garden. It was a pretty good day.


I'm going on holiday to Cornwall tomorrow until next Friday so I don't think there will be any posts during that time - unless our holiday cottage has wifi, that is (which I highly doubt). Every summer, I go to either Cornwall or Wales with my mum, dad, brother, grandparents and uncle and we stay rent a house for a week. We go to the beach, little seaside towns, antiques shops, visit relatives, and play a lot of card games. We've done this every summer since 1997 when I was just a year old. For the past two years, we went to a lovely place in north Wales called Harlech so it's high time that we revisited Cornwall.


I hope to get lots of photos during the week so I can do a post on it when I get back. I'm also going to try and find the best Cornish pasty down there because our bakers here do a pretty good one and I don't know if it can be topped!


I'll leave you with one of the cheesiest songs of all time, but one that gets you in that holiday mood: Summer Holiday, by Cliff Richard.

No comments:

Post a Comment