- You need to link back to the nominator
- State 11 Facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions given to you
- Nominate 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers
- Give those nominated 11 new questions
11 facts about me:
1) I'm incredibly fickle. One minute I want something, the next I don't. One day, I love a friend and think they're great, and the next day, every little thing they do makes me want to cry. I can't help it! I've tried to be consistent but I can't be and it's hard. The struggle is real.
2) I love doing my own piercings. It gives you such a sense of control, you know? Like, you know exactly where it's going and what it will look like, you get to choose the environment it's done in, and you're 100% confident in your sterilisation techniques because you've done it yourself. I love it. Top tip: forget the whole needle thing; get a mega sharp earring and stick it wherever you want the piercing. Honestly, is saves on having to remove the needle and then practically repierce the hole to get an earring in. Sorry, bit of digression there!
3) Pitch Perfect is an obsession. I've got their final performance song stuck in my head right now, all the little backing vocals and everything. It's probably not healthy, the amount I think about how much I want to join an a capella group, but you know, live in the now. I just wish I could sing, which brings me to -
4) - I am the worst singer ever. Honestly, you'd probably cover your ears and leg it. It's a shame because I looove singing and getting to appreciate the music and the lyrics, but this love never seems to translate into actual notes. Bummer.
5) I haven't had a haircut in two years which is disgusting and I'm ashamed.
6) Going out for meals makes me so happy. I think that must be true for everyone, because well, isn't it just the best feeling ever? Wagamama, Beefeater, TGIs, Nandos; you name it, I'm excited. I'm really craving something savory right now, like a huge hunk of meat. Uh oh, that's an innuendo minefield.
7) I worry about everything all the time, which is terrible and I need to try and stop doing it. But I read this tip somewhere for if a family member or friend is going out and you know you'll worry about them, then ask them exactly where they're going and what time they'll be back. I know it sounds really obvious but I've become a lot more relaxed since I've started doing that.
8) Harry Potter is another obsession. We had a little quiz once and one of the categories was Harry Potter knowledge. The final question was the number of the vault in which the Philosophers Stone was kept in the first book. It's 713 and I almost cried with joy when it transpired that no one else knew.
9) I've been told I hold my school's record for the fastest ever university offer - just under four hours after my application was sent off, woohoo. And my friend and I both had all of our offers within a week which is also a "school record". (I'm not sure who keeps track of these things...)
10) I think I want four kids: two boys and two girls, because I feel like every boy should have a brother, and every girl should have a sister. I also think I have names picked out for these non-existent children but they're probably subject to change.
11) Emailing my pen pal is one of the greatest things. He's my age but lives thousands of miles away in Ohio, so obviously our lives are so different. We've been brought up in such contrasting environments and it's amazing to hear about what he gets up to and get to know him.
Jess's questions for me:
Why did you start blogging?
Incidentally, Jess and I began blogging for the same reason, just three days apart, and I didn't even know her. Total coincidence. I read Adorkable by Sarra Manning which is narrated by Tavi Gevinson-esque Jeane Smith who was devoted to her blog and building an online empire. I didn't want to build an empire, as such, but the idea of having a blog and being able to write on it as and when I wished was so appealing. I still love it.
Favourite item in your bedroom?
I'll be really annoying and cliche and say my bookshelf. That is, if the books on it count with it. I think I have around 250 which means there are 250 different worlds to discover. Ooh cheesy, but still, reading is such a great form of escapism.
One thing you're addicted to?
I've definitely mentioned it before: Pepsi Max. No calories, beautiful sweetness, fabulous energy booster? Yes please.
What do you own the most of?
Books, I believe. But maybe socks. I have, like, an obscene amount and I don't know where they all come from
Do you have any pets?
I really am not a great fan of animals. Dogs, cats, hamsters, horses, fish, turtles, ferrets, whatever it is, I really don't like it. I know a lot of people think that I'm mad for saying that but honestly, the same way some people hate Marmite, I kind of feel like that about animals. So, no pets.
What is your favourite topic to write about?
I think I like to rant the most. Like, just let go and write whatever you want, no editing or going back and deleting chunks. Just put down what you feel and hit publish, and bam, a huge weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I love it.
Any idea about what you want to do when you're older?
Career-wise? Not really. The idea of working in the publishing industry has always appealed so that's kind of what I'm aiming for right now. Or maybe being a teacher, I don't really know. But you know some people want to be a doctor, or a policeman, or a vet? Like, they just know and always have? I want to be a mum. I know it's not a career and it's not a lot to aim for and perhaps it's not the sole thing I should be aspiring to be, but it's what I want.
Do you think you'll still be blogging three years from now?
I really really hope so. In three years, I'll be twenty and hopefully starting my third year of uni. Who knows. But I'll honestly try my best.
What is one thing you're really proud of?
I hope it's not big headed to say, but I'm proud of who I am, what I stand for, and how I treat people. I'm also proud of my GCSEs (cliche) which were 3 Bs, 5 As, and 3 A*s.
Describe your style in five words.
Wannabe chic, actually a mess.
What is your favourite beauty product?
I've done a whole post on my favourite beauty products (plural) here and a special post dedicated to my very favourite product ever, a Clinique foundation here. It gives such amazing coverage and doesn't make my face feel or look greasy. 10/10 (but cringing hard at that post from earlier this year)
My nominees: (definitely not 11)
What song is stuck in your head right now?
Best day of your life?
Coloured Christmas lights, or plain ones?
Be truthful - does blogging ever feel like a chore?
Talk about your best friend.
The person you've ever felt the most butterflies for?
Do you maintain your cuticles?
Your favourite magazine to read?
Pitch an idea for a reality TV show right now.
Do you have any allergies?
Last text message you received?
So, a huge thanks to Jess for nominating me, and I hope you all enjoy reading this huge amount of writing. I'm feeling a bit lazy so I can't really be bothered to proof read - apologies for any typos!
And hey, let's not be exclusive: I nominate you all for the Liebster Award. Have fun!