Pages

Tuesday 17 June 2014

FREEDOM

Freedom from what? I hear you ask. FULL TIME EDUCATION. I am free from school forever!!!!!!! (Unless I need to resit next year, but let's not think about that...) God, I am so happy. I sat my last exam yesterday and today was my first day of real freedom. I feel a bit lost without school or the need to revise guiding me, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.


I am going to miss school. I've spent probably the best seven years of my life there and, while that wasn't actually because I loved school with my whole heart, I did meet the most incredible people (how cliched). It's kind of unthinkable to imagine my life with any other friends. They've shaped who I am as a person, as have some amazing teachers I've been lucky enough to have.


I have a hugely overwhelming feeling of nostalgia for year 10. Ideally, that's how I'd live for the rest of my life. Fab friends, no pressure and a lot of fun. I was probably 99% happy at that point, while I'm about 96% happy now. That's still pretty high though, and having my official last day has definitely bumped me up a couple of percent.


But you know, onwards and upwards. I'm looking forward to uni, new friends, new places, and pretty much a new life. The thing that I'm so happy about is that I'll still have this old life to go back to. I can still talk to and see the beautiful people I know now, but in the future, so it's not really goodbye. It's never going to be goodbye. It's always see you later, talk to you soon, because there are a few individuals who I'm never going to let go of.


This is maybe the most appropriate song ever for how I'm feeling right now, so I hope you love it too.




Year nine, 2010


Year thirteen, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment