Pages

Tuesday 18 March 2014

The Most Perfect Baileys Cupcakes

2014 Blogger Challenge - post 6


I love Baileys and I love cupcakes, so when I realised that Baileys is basically alcoholic milk, and that most cupcake recipes include milk, I got a little bit excited. A year or two ago, I stumbled across the best cupcake recipe ever. It makes the lightest, fluffiest, most delicate sponge with just fifteen minutes in the oven. To save you the effort of lifting your finger to click on the link, I'll just type it out myself here with some slight modifications:


Ingredients you'll need:

(for the cake)
110g margarine
110g self-raising flour
110g caster sugar (super easy to remember, right?!)
2 eggs, beaten
2 tbsp of Baileys (perhaps more if you want to taste it strongly!)

(for the butter icing)
140g margarine
280g icing sugar
2 tbsp of Baileys (or more...)


How to make the cupcakes:

1) Heat the oven to 180 degrees and get your little muffin tin ready with the cupcake cases.
2) Mix together the butter and sugar till it's pale; this literally takes less than thirty seconds.
3) Tip the egg in and mixy mix it all up.
4) Fold in the flour with a spoon (no mixers here please) and make sure it's all mixed in.
5) Pour in yo Baileys!
6) Fill the cases halfway with the mixture and then proceed to lick the spoons and bowl clean.
7) Pop them in the oven for thirteen minutes, then check on them, and give them any extra time they might need.


How to make the butter icing:

1) Beat all the butter until it's soft and just looking good; it's instinct, you'll just know.
2) Add the icing sugar little by little. Really, or it flies everywhere and you'll be cleaning it up for about six hours. (NB: don't mix it with wet hair or the sugar gets stuck in it and makes it super sticky.. take it from me)
3) Pour in yo Baileys and mix it all up.
4) Wait for the cupcakes to cool. Be patient.
5) Either spread or, if you're being fancy, pipe the icing onto the cakes.


I did this last Wednesday night and wowie, I was stuffed until Friday breakfast time. I also had great fun tweeting my incredibly jealous best friend a series of photos of me with the cakes.





Happy baking!

1 comment:

  1. saving this in my favourites because of reasons <.<
    ;) thx

    ReplyDelete