Pages

Monday 20 August 2012

A recipe for iced tea!

I don't know about you, but I absolutely love iced tea. Or is it ice tea? Not sure.. anyway, whether it's peach, lemon, mango, or any other flavour, I could drink a bucket of it in about thirty seconds flat. Seriously. But the massive two-litre cartons of it are cray cray expensive! Because of this, I make my own iced tea and it tastes pretty nice.


Ingredients: (to make one litre)

1 orange
1 lemon
Sugar
2 Earl Grey teabags
Water


Method:

Boil the kettle with one litre of water. Pour it into a jug with the teabags and leave to stew for about five minutes. While you let this happen, juice the orange and the lemon on one of those fruit juicer thingies to get the uhh.. juices from the.. fruit. I hope this is making sense.
Then sieve the juice of the orange and the lemon into the jug. You have to sieve it so you don't get all the seeds and pulp in the tea. No one likes bitty iced tea. Take the teabags out and chuck them away.
Next, while the tea is still hot, (so it dissolves more readily) put about four tablespoons of sugar into the jug. If you feel it needs to be sweeter (which I always do), add more! This is not an exact science.
Put the jug in the fridge and leave it to cool. Add ice cubes if you want but, be warned, it might get a bit manky once they start to melt and dilute your delicious drink. Enjoy!

Oh, if you want to experiment, you could add the juice of peaches or mangos to get a different flavour. I haven't tried it yet; let me know how it goes if you do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment