Pages

Saturday 6 September 2014

The week of tubes

I no longer keep a written diary so I'm finding it hard to remember what I've got up to, places I've been, and people I've seen.This blog almost acts as an online diary though, so it's nice to write about those things on here to keep a record. I've had a really wonderful week. I think it's because now that it's hit me and my friends that we actually only have a couple of weeks (or less!) together, we're making every day count. Speaking of making every day count though, I had a veggie day on Monday where I lay on the sofa all day and internetted for about 12 hours.


On Tuesday, my much-more-than-a-friend-just-slightly-less-than-a-boyfriend and I went to a very lovely girl's party. She's insanely well spoken, as are all her friends, and she lives in the most incredible house in a nice road in Tooting. Everyone there was so well dressed, and it was such a classy affair! I had a fab night but we had to leave pretty early to catch the last tube home. My friendy boyf thinks he looks like a "gimp" in this photo but I love it so much.



On Wednesday, my best friend and I decided to bus it up to London. We live in the suburbs of London - the London/Surrey border is literally 200m away from my house - but because we're technically residents of the city and we're in full time education, we have free bus travel within the city. Our underage Oyster cards expire on 30th September this year though, because we're all grown up now (apparently) so we decided, in order to make the most of them, we should bus it all the way into Central. It's something I've wanted to do for a couple of years now so I was really excited. Except... I woke up with the worst hangover of my life from Tuesday night. Oh god, I have never felt that sick ever. Probably not the best day to be spending a couple of hours on buses!


I had to take one bus from my house to our nearest tube station where I met my bezzi, and from there we hopped on the 118 bus to Brixton. We actually made a pitstop in Brixton because I was feeling so sicky, but a coffee blend frappucchino from Starbucks cured me nicely. Amazing. We looked around a couple of art galleries and found an incredible second hand bookshop. Of course, we had to take a trip to McDonald's to pick up some chips to sustain us for the next part of our journey - the 3 bus to Oxford Circus.


Once we arrived, we hit up Topshop - I'll be postin all about my purchases lata - and Vapianos for a beaut lunch of spaghetti carbonara (how do you even spell that?!). My friend treated me to that lunch as a very late 15th birthday present; she always said she'd take me there! Better three years too late than never, hey! We couldn't be bothered to take the bus all the way back home again (2 hour trip yo) when we could take the tube to get us back in less than half an hour. It was such a nice day and I'm going to miss her so much.



I've recently been getting into Utopia, and when I say "getting into", I actually mean becoming obsessed with. So, what better way to spend a Thursday afternoon than watching it with my friendy boyf. We powered through a whole two episodes (unimpressive, I know) before heading up to Patty and Bun on James Street for what was supposedly "the best burger in the whole of London" - according to his cousin. It was pretty good, but maybe not the best burger I've ever had. I think Honest burgers are just as good. At Patty and Bun, I went for the Ari Gold cheeseburger which was pretty darn yummy.

Source

Much like with my best friend, I'm going to miss this guy so much. Without getting all mushy and stupid, I didn't think I was ever going to care about someone outside my family this much. After the burger, we did a bit of late night shopping on Oxford Street and then headed over to Covent Garden for some drinks in a really nice pub. You know there are some days you just know you'll remember for a long time? I think this is one of those.


The next morning, still stuffed from my huge Ari Gold burger, aforementioned friendy boyf and I headed over to a picnic with a group of around 60 of our friends, and their friends, and their friends.. and so on! We barbecued our burgers and chicken in a country park and munched on mini meringues, sprawled out on blankets in the sun. I had such a fab time and, for once, I actually felt like I was doing proper teenagery things. Basically, I misspent the majority of my teenage years at home in my room instead of going outside and I feel like only now am I having a proper social life. Too bad we're all going to uni in two weeks and I have to start all over again, hahaha.. cry.


This brings us up to date: I spent today at work, wuuurking hard and earning money. I'm currently slouched on my sofa life this...



... typing like a manic. I'm off to make dinner for my brother and myself now, but have yourselves a wonderful evening! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment