Pages

Wednesday 6 August 2014

Mid summer hauling: clothes

I know we're way past Midsummer's Day but I feel like we're actually mid-way through the summer season now, hence the post title. I've been doing a bit of shopping lately and have a few bits and pieces I wanted to post about on here. Tragically, I put up photos of pretty much every single new item of clothing I get, so if you read the majority of my posts, then you've probably seen my whole wardrobe!


I'll start with what I bought at Latitude:



My first purchase was this cheesy tshirt but I couldn't help myself. I loved the blue and green colours and the way they fade into each other. It's also a really nice reminder of one of the best weekends ever, and when I get bored (often yo) I can sit down and read the back of it to reminisce about seeing my favourite artists live.




Also at Latitude, I popped into the Oxfam tent where they had hundreds of "vintage" bits and bobs. I think anything "vintage" is such a rip off (it's just old clothes!!!) but they had tons of denim shirts for just £6 each. I've been after one for a while and I love this classic denim colour; none of that acid wash bleach stained distressed mumbo jumbo. (Apparently I'm really good at doing serious faces in these photos, hahaha). This shirt is such a staple in my wardrobe now, it's so versatile.


A few days after I got back from Latitude, I popped up to Covent Garden with Jess for one of our retail therapy sessions. H&M have some absolute gems in right now so I decided to splurge a bit and buy two (shock, horror!!!) dresses.



This is 100% my favourite thing in this post. I'm so tempted to go back and buy it in the mint green colour too! I think this would flatter just about anybody given that it nips it at the waist and then goes out again to skim over any bulges one might have on one's stomach (me, but who would know with this dress on?!?! haha). The lacy cutout bits are so cute too. No really, everyone should go and buy this dress and it's such a steal being only £10. All praise H&M.




The second dress is this baby. I'll say it, it's not the most flattering thing I own but it's kind of a bit of a smock dress, and when do they ever accentuate your figure? Like, never. But it's comfy and wearable and I really love it. The aztec-style print is also really cute so it's a win-win dress, really.


The last bits I deemed nice enough to honour with a spot on this prestigious post were also bought on my day out with Jess, this time in TK Maxx:



I did it, I gave in. I jumped on that kimono bandwagon. I could help myself, not when a PAISLEY kimono presented itself to me. I will go for just about anything if it's got a bit of paisley print on it, especially if the colours are as gorgeous as they are on this one. From here, it looks a bit like it's got some polka dots, but they're actually very tiny strawberries, which is so adorable! I love it.



And finally, these. I'd been looking for a pair of nudey coloured shoes for a while and wowee, I love suede booties too. I saw them and said to Jess "oh my god, I really want them". And then I was like "oh Jess I hope they don't fit me, then I won't be tempted". But you know what, they did fit me and I was tempted and I did buy them. And I freaakin love them. I had a slight scare when I wore them out to lunch at Honest Burgers and it started pouring down with rain, because that would have ruined them - but some angels made it stop raining just in time for me to run back to the car! Hallelujah.


Song(s) of the day:


No comments:

Post a Comment