Pages

Tuesday 5 August 2014

About Time

2014 Blogger Challenge - post 14


I know I'm not alone in saying that About Time is my current favourite film. It's another romantic masterpiece by the genius that is Richard Curtis, yet it's not only love which drives the plot forward. I'm not really too sure which genre it falls into; romance, drama, comedy, and sci-fi all work. The ever-flawless Rachel McAdams plays a babe of a love interest for the slightly awkward yet totally relatable Tim, portrayed by a fabulously ginger Domhnall Gleeson.


I'm keeping this post relatively short and sweet but what I will say is that while you'll shed a tear or two, it leaves you with such a great feeling and absolutely loving life. It might also change your attitude to life, if only for a few days. I know it did for me. I love that, despite the sci-fi parts of the premise, it seems so real. All the relationships and friendships and interactions are so plausible that you feel time travel is almost something which could happen to you.


I'm not really doing this beauty justice with these words so I'll stop here but I 100% recommend you go and watch it if you haven't already (it appears I was a bit late on the About Time bandwagon!). You will love it, I promise.




No comments:

Post a Comment