Pages

Monday 18 November 2013

Mundane Midweek Post #2

I know it's not midweek yet but hey, let's make this a Mundane Monday post instead. Try to say that five times, hello tongue twister. I'm already going a bit off track. I don't really have a great deal to say right here but these are some things going on in my life right now:


1. I don't keep a written diary anymore, which is a bit sad but after three and a half years, I'd just got bored. I have one of those minds where you never forget anything, so it's not even like I'm writing it down to remember it. I suppose I can always read this blog to my grandchildren when I'm old and grey, just not my diary anymore.

2. For the past four weeks, we've been having our bathroom redone and I think he's going to be finished by Thursday this week (fingers crossed!). I'm pretty excited to have an actual shower back in; I hate taking fast baths but I've had to do so every morning before school. #FirstWorldProblems.

3. I'm getting so excited for uni. Ten months to go!!!!!

4. Did I mention I'm seeing The 1975 in January? I'm seeing The 1975 in January. In January, I'm seeing The 1975. You can probably tell I'm looking forward to it just a little bit.

5. I've become so addicted to the Shaytards. What a fab family they are. It makes me want to drop everything now (meet me in the pouring raaaain... hi Taylor Swift) and get married and have five kids, just to film them all and stick it on YouTube. Oh the fun we'd have.

6. I have a serious Pepsi Max addiction (no calories, yay).

7. It pisses me off that the school say we're adults, that we act like adults so they'll treat us like adults, that we need to be independent and prepare for life at uni, yet they send letters home to our parents and demand meetings with them. What is the point of telling my parents about my progress at school if I haven't been asked how I think I'm doing first? That's not treating me like an adult. I'm not stupid, I know I'm still young, but practice what you preach, you know? Don't expect me to act like an adult if you treat me like a child. You can't have it both ways, lady. Sorry, little rant over! (I could do a whole post on this, just watch.)

8. I played my first Ring of Fire on Saturday night. Maybe I'm a bit late for that, but hey, better late than never.

9. Thirty seven days until Christmas and I'm already practically wetting myself with excitement.

10. I watched Pitch Perfect for the first time yesterday. I am in love. I just want to pack up and go off to New York for college, and join an a Capella group (let's forget that I can't sing, okay?). I want a beautiful boy to sing to me from his car window and watch the Breakfast Club with me, and for me to make best friends with Rebel Wilson. Well, a girl can dream.


I believe that's everything I've been thinking recently. I think a lot. I've had a lot of alone time in the past few weeks; I don't even know where my social life went. Hope you're all well and having fun!


Song of the day:


As you walk on byyyy, will you call my naaaaame...

2 comments:

  1. great post, yes its so true about begin treated like a child but expect to be an adult its like we are only kids give us a break and just be who you want to be!! also yes I too just want to go to uni in america as well and join all the types of collage groups overall i really enjoyed reading your post :)
    http://beautythatiscreative.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete