Pages

Wednesday 31 December 2014

G o o d b y e . 2 0 1 4 .

I know I say this at the end of every year, but this year has absolutely been the best year of my life. I don't know how 2015 can top 2014, honestly. This has been the year that:

- I finished school
- I did my A levels and actually got good grades (how?!?!)
- I went to Zante with my best friends
- I went to my first festival
- I actually have a boyfriend now (?!?!)
- (I fell in love)
- I started university
- I managed to make actual friends at uni
- I'm so so happy


It's been a year of milestones and as lame as it sounds, 2014 is a year I'm never ever going to forget. I'm so thankful for everything amazing that's happened in these past twelve months. Of course, it's not all been joyful and plain sailing: this is also the year that my beautiful grandad died - the first time I've lost anyone close to me - and there have been unbelievable amounts of stress and tears at some points (looking at you, A levels). But it's okay, wonderful in fact, because I have a fabulous set of family, and friends and even a boyfriend to act as amazing pillars of support.


The fates, or God, or just a great series of incredibly fortunate events, have been so so good to me. I feel so lucky and so blessed to have the opportunities I do, but mostly to have the people in my life who I love so much. I hope you, wherever you are, whatever you're doing, have not only a wonderful night welcoming 2015, but also a wonderful year, and a wonderful life.






No comments:

Post a Comment